This was so delicious! My micahstubz had a birthday this week and he wanted a spectacular cake that was better than last year’s… So we decided to add ice cream to the cake because he is a big fan of ice cream and we thought we’d go heavy on the caramel. Here’s what we came up with:
- 1 Family size Brownie Mix (big enough for a 9x13 pan or do 2 regular boxes of
- Brownie mix)
- 1 carton Blue bunny natural vanilla ice cream
- 1 bottle caramel sauce
- 1 jar chocolate caramel sea salt sauce
- 1 bag bite size snickers
- 1 bag dove caramel filled chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350°. Make brownies according to package instructions and pour into 2 well greased parchment lined 8 inch cake pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until brownies are cooked through. Let cool completely. Chop snickers and caramel filled chocolates in half. Set aside. Remove brownies from pans. Wash and dry pans.Set ice cream out to thaw for about 10 minutes. Line pans completely with parchment paper (with some hanging over top edge). Fill the two pans evenly with ice cream. Smooth tops and place back in the freezer for at least a few hours.
- When ready to assemble, heat the sauces if necessary. Place one of the brownies on your serving dish. Poke holes in the brownie if you'd like. Drizzle chocolate caramel sea salt sauce on the brownie and layer the cut snickers over the sauce. Remove ice cream from pan by pulling up on the excess parchment paper. Invert on top of the snickers, make sure its on straight and then press down firmly and remove parchment paper from cake. Drizzle some caramel sauce on the ice cream and poke holes in the ice cream if you want the caramel to seep in a little. (If ice cream is getting soft and drippy put in the freezer for a couple hours). Place the second layer of brownies on top of they layer of ice cream. Poke holes if desired. Cover with caramel sauce and caramel filled chocolates. Place the second layer of ice cream on top of the caramel filled chocolates. Place the remaining caramel chocolate and snickers on top. Drizzle caramel and chocolate caramel sea salt sauce all over the top and let it drip down the sides. Keep in the freezer until about 10 minutes before serving.
It was so rich and divine! Definitely a contender with the Chocolate Wasted Cake of yester-year. Happy Birthday Micahstubz! One year older and one more cake under your belt 🙂
Just for the record, the brownies are a little hard (but not too hard to eat) when frozen and so are the snickers, but I seemed to be the only one to notice. My kids and husband LOVED this cake.
Here’s a very quick tutorial on how I put it all together if you’re curious: