I never really do new years resolutions but this year is going to be different. I have a lot I want to accomplish this year in the area of self improvement. I used to have a lot of good habits and have lost most of them over the past 5 years. Big events and changes in priorities have given me excuses to not be my best self. I just finished a book called 3 Feet From Gold and have been keeping up with a few blogs that have motivated me to action. My resolution is to form 6 good habits this year (idea from 6changes.com)
- Go to bed by 10:30pm (15 minutes to go… better hurry with this post. Luckily I am sitting in bed with the laptop so I can stop at any moment).
- Do push-up routine every morning. As well as sit-ups.
- Read scriptures and meditate 30 minutes each morning.
- Read from a good book each night in bed.
- Blog or write in journal each night
- Run 2-3x per week
My goal is to focus on each habit for 2 months of the year and hopefully by the end of the year each habit will have stuck. These habits will help me reach my goals, which I’ll talk about in a later post.