Let me just share my thoughts from today. I welcome your feedback.
- I plan to organize my learning loosely into 4 semesters. Meaning I will set solid goals for each 4 months on each of 5-6 subjects. Then evaluate new goals and subjects at the end of each “semester”
- I will utilize as many free courses and tutorials as seems reasonable and I will avoid formal schools at all costs.
- I am in love with Lynda.com Unless I find something better, I plan to use their courses for many of my subjects.
- I will depend on my friends, family and community to help me and I will commit to helping my readers pursue their own goals.
- I plan to test out different learning techniques, productivity aides and technologies and give thorough reviews of each. I will look to sponsors to share their products that they think will help me reach my goals.
- I will focus on subjects that interest me and that I find will add value to my life and to the lives of others.
- My first goal is to learn to develop iPhone and Android apps. I will start working on this even before the official project begins because I see huge potential in this area.
- My mantra will be to learn by doing.
- I am considering doing a daily online journal through this blog and possibly through video and/or podcast.
- My first semester will include: iPhone app development, Graphic Design, Guitar or Piano, Video editing and Web Development (specifically html5 and ajax).
- I will use a semester to do something like P90x or Insanity
- I will read tons of books (at least 2 per month).
Let me stop there for tonight so I can get some rest. I have some thoughts on my sleep habits and am considering testing polyphasic sleep to give me more productive time.